Interesting applications from other fields
The applications in other fields demonstrate the wide range of possible applications of MagnetoResistive sensor technology. Whether in test bench technology or in the consumer sector, wherever a durable, dynamic or high-resolution measurement system is required, the benefits of MagnetoResistive sensors can make a great contribution to implementing optimal measurement solutions.
Whether extremely dynamic, precise, high resolution or simply durable. The use of the sensors in various applications is virtually limitless.
Angle measurement in lenses Always remain focused on the reason
Sophisticated sensor technology in camera lenses seems fairly pointless at first glance.
However, if one considers not only simple camera lenses but also high-tech lenses in the film industry, it soon becomes clear that sensors with offering the highest performance are required. The recorded data are required as additional information for combination with rendered and animated scenes.
But even in the case of semiprofessional lenses, besides fast and precise focusing, the camera must be ready for use immediately after it is switched on.
- An AMR FixPitch sensor is used for precision and a GMR sensor GF708 as a code sensor for the absolute position.
- The sensor concept allows a virtual absolute position (6 bit) in very small spaces.
- The module design is extremely flat, despite additionally integrated signal processing.
- The absolute position is available after a small movement of just 6 mm.
- The magnetic sensor solution can be integrated without additional protection and is resistant towards dirt and condensation.
- High resolution of the lens data enable optimal digital post-processing of film sequences.
- Cost-effective and extremely compact integration in the lens is possible
- The system design detects the position at a point (no sensor array) and can also be used with various lens diameters
Pitch adjustment of a wind turbine Rotor blades placed in the wind to optimum effect
In the wind energy industry, in addition to the demand for constantly increasing efficiency, the topics of durability, reliability and safety are also very important. By specifically selecting the correct pitch angle, the wind can be used optimally.
Permanent vibrations and continuous operation require durable solutions. Service deployments, particularly offshore, are extremely expensive and must therefore be kept to a minimum. Likewise, a reliable solution is essential for safety reasons. An incorrect pitch adjustment can lead to the destruction of an entire wind turbine in case of a storm, as the rotation speed is reduced by adjusting the pitch in strong winds.
- Due to the large distance, as a result of the thick housing shell, an AMR FreePitch sensor is used.
- The sensor and the chosen magnetic gradation of 5 mm on the pole ring allow large mechanical tolerances.
- An interpolation of the sensor signals takes place and a differential digital output signal (quadrature signal) is generated.
- The system allows a high measurement resolution and dynamics. The enables the precise control of the rotor blade pitch angle.
- Non-contacting, wear-free operating principle with large working distance
- The high sensor performance in the field of resolution as well as reliability allows low-maintenance operation and great efficiency in the system
- The magnetic sensor principle and the choice of suitable components allow the implementation of a durable design for the housing concept
- The digital output signal is resistant to external line faults
Valve lift sensor for test bench technology Precise measurement in fired combustion engine operation
The need to measure valve movement in a modern combustion engine during the engine development and the design of the entire valve train is nothing new. Components such as cam shafts, valve springs and the valve must be optimally adjusted to the engine and the motion profile.
As a result of the increasingly strict exhaust gas legislation, engines must be developed to be even more efficient and have even lower emissions (key word: downsizing).
The sensor concept with MR sensors allow measurement in real fired operation with load and pressures changes. As the sensor is integrated directly into the engine, the system can be used while actually driving on the road or on a race track – it doesn’t get any closer to reality than that.
- The GMR FixPitch tooth sensor precisely detects the tooth structure previously applied to the valve.
- The signal processing electronics convert the sensor signals directly into the valve path signal and make this available at an analog output for further processing in real-time.
- Signal amplification is not necessary directly at the sensor and so the sensor remains very compact and can be integrated at various points in the valve guide.
- The sensor also works at extremely high temperatures (e.g. at outlet on the exhaust valve).
- Realistic measurement in fired combustion engine operation
- The valve need only be adjusted slightly – no significant weakening of components
- The compact sensor allows flexible integration without significant weakening of engine components
- Design support for sensor integration
Our sales team.
Find your contact!
We provide personal advice and support by a sales employee responsible for you. We help you choose the optimal solution for your application and answer any questions about the products. We are happy to submit an individual offer to you.